Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flying Out

Well, I guess I'm flying out tomorrow morning, to VIETNAM. I'm pretty much in denial about it, mostly because when I fully realize exactly what I'm doing I start to get this roller coaster feeling. You know the "Oh man I'm at the top of the crest and now we're going to go down and I really don't want to go down but I can't get off and who talked me into this I'm going to kill them!" feeling, a.k.a. how I feel pretty much before I do anything important ever.

I'm flying out of Newark which I think I've only done once before in my life (My grandmother just informed me, I was about 8 or 9 and we were going to Disney World. Nice.) and usually I only ever fly out of JFK. I suppose this is a good thing, though, because I have so many memories associated with JFK that every time I get there my brain automatically starts playing either "Leavin' on a Jet Plane" and then everything starts to get all slowed-down and soft focus as I walk to the plane, and then there are some shots of the New York City skyline slowly pulling away and the soundtrack switches to "Such Great Heights" as a single tear slowly makes its way down my face.

What I'm trying to say is that it's hard to do the single tear thing or the indie soundtrack/movie thing when you're looking out the window at Newark. Or so I imagine. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment